EP Design Services LLC (EPDS) is Edgewood’s multi-disciplinary design firm providing architectural and engineering services.
EPDS provides superior design in creating memorable and viable environments.
We're currently seeking a Design Engineer with 3-5 years of commercial site design and permitting experience
Candidate will work full-time in our creative office located in South Plainfield, NJ.
• Zoning Reviews of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property
• Site Investigation & Due Diligence, including the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines
• Preparation of Concept Drawings based upon client's development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan and drafting
• Grading design including earthwork analysis, site grading and ADA compliance
• Design of utility systems, including stormwater runoff & conveyance, sanitary sewer collection, water distribution, etc.
• Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design, including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence
• Project Coordination, including conferring with client, attorney, project team and Bohler affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive site plan application
• Preparation of Written Correspondence with outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also includes preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• 3 - 5 years of commercial site design and permitting experience
• EIT or PE preferred
• Understand jurisdictional requirements
• Proficiency in AutoCAD (Civil 3D preferred)
• Experience with local zoning and site permitting processes and agencies preferred
• Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancment.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.