EP Design Services LLC (EPDS) is Edgewood’s multi-disciplinary design firm providing architectural and engineering services.
EPDS provides superior design in creating memorable and viable environments.
We're currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager - Land Development with 6-10+ years of commercial site design and permitting experience
Candidate will work full-time in our creative office located in South Plainfield, NJ.
• Site Investigation & Due Diligence, including the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines
• Preparation of Concept Drawings based upon client's development objectives and conclusions of due diligence
• Design of Storm-water Management & Storm-water Conveyance Systems, including use of AutoCAD/C3D and Hydrology design software
• Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved
• Design of Utility Systems, including storm-water conveyance, sanitary sewer service, water, gas, telephone service, etc.
• Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design, including stability calculations, Best Management Practices
• Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates
• Project Coordination, including conferring with client, attorney, project team and Bohler affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive site plan application
• Preparation of Written Correspondence with outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc.
• Meeting with clients
• initial project scoping, proposal preparation
• staff utilization analyses
• managing the production process
• coordinate permitting approval process
• supervising project closeout towards procurement of the building permit
• Staff development and mentoring, business development which involves attendance at marketing functions, business dinners/events, and cross marketing with other Bohler offices
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Must be a PE
• 6-10+ years of commercial site design and permitting experience
• Experience working with a team on a regular basis
• Client management
• Preparation of and tracking project budgets
• Proposal preparation
• Experience designing both big-box and pad retail sites with limited supervision and the ability to compile a full set of civil site plan documents
• Must have the ability to understand and implement jurisdictional requirements in the design of retail and commercial projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in AutoCAD (Civil 3D preferred)
• Knowledge of the planning and zoning process
• Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
• Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals
• Strong organizational and able to manage many projects at the same time
• Strong delegation skills
• Local Professional Engineer License, majority of work experience conducted in the local area
• Design and management experience for clients ranging in size from 1 acre sites to 50 acre sites
• Construction oversight experience for site work
• Technical Knowledge:
• In depth knowledge of civil site design and storm water management design
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project
• AutoCAD knowledge and Civil 3D is preferred
• Drainage Software - Storm CAD, Hydroflow, HydroCAD, Bentley Suites
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancment.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.